Houston Subdivision Collection
Scope and Contents
The Houston Subdivision Collection is a collection consisting of brochures, pamphlets, and plat maps documenting the development of new subdivisions in the Houston area. The boxed material contains abstracts of titles, brochures, lists of property owners, and newspaper clippings. The plat maps are from different subdivisions, each newly created at that particular time. Also included with the plat maps are three Houston street directories and city maps of the 1890s and 1900s.
- Houston History Research Center (Organization)
This collection is open for research.
Permission to publish or reproduce materials from the Houston Subdivision Collection must be obtained from the Houston Metropolitan Research Center or the appropriate copyright holder.
4.5 Linear Feet (4 boxes, 1 flat file)
Language of Materials
All components of this collection are organized by subdivision.
Processed by Claire Wilkins, 1979; Updated by Emily Scott and Laney McAdow, 2013.
- Land subdivision -- Texas -- Houston Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real estate development -- Texas -- Houston Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real property -- Texas -- Houston Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Houston Subdivision Collection
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Houston History Research Center Repository