Burns Family Collection
Scope and Content
The Burns Family Collection contains personal papers of the Burns family of Houston, Texas. This collection, which dates from 1955 to 2009, consists of funeral programs, school programs, and ephemera of individuals and places that had special meaning to the family.
- 1955 - 2009
Materials are in English.
This collection is open for research.
Permission to publish or reproduce materials from the Burns Family Collection must be obtained from African American Library at the Gregory School or the appropriate copyright holder.
1.17 Linear Feet (2)
Collection is arranged by subject and material type.
Donated by: Danielle Burns, August 2009
Processed by: Vince Lee, October 2009
- African American families -- Texas -- Houston Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- African Americans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- MSS 0007 Burns Family Collection
- An Inventory of Records at the African American Library at the Gregory School, Houston Public Library
- Vince Lee
- October, 2009
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the African American History Research Center Repository