Linda Austin Collection
Identifier: MSS 0024
Scope and Contents
The Linda Austin Collection houses the personal papers of Linda Austin. This collection, which dates from 1944 to 2009, contains personal materials related to her parents which included materials related to her mother’s graduation from the Franklin Beauty School in 1944, and her father’s Driver License from the 1940s and 1950s. Additionally it includes materials associated with his membership in the fraternal order of the Eastern Star. There are also news clippings, programs, photographs personal items that and a directory that chronicles the Acres Homes Community and is designation as a historic African American community. The collection reflects her family history and the significance of certain events and institutions that had special meaning within their lives.
- 1944 - 2009
This collection is open for research.
Permission to publish or reproduce materials from the Linda Austin Collection must be obtained from the African American Library at the Gregory School or the appropriate copyright holder. Please ask reference staff for information and assistance on the possibility of photo duplication and any associated fees. The library reserves the right to restrict duplication.
0.25 Linear Feet (1)
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged by subject and material type.
Donated by: Linda Austin, March 2010
Processed by Vince Lee, June 2010
- African American Intellectuals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- African American women Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- African Americans -- Texas -- Houston Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Franklin Beauty School, Inc. Subject Source: Local sources
- MSS 0024 Linda Austin Collection
- An Inventory of her Records at the African American Library at the Gregory School, Houston Public Library
- Under Revision
- June, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the Gregory School Repository