Helen G. Perry Family Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains the written and photographic records of a family of Black Houstonians who were active in civic affairs from the 1930s to the 1980s. Materials document their involvment in several social clubs and in civic clubs with meeting minutes and correspondence for Fidelity Park Civic Club and Clinton Park Civic Club. Also includes several phonographic records. Both the photographic and documentary portions of the collection will be of interest to those researching the cultural history of African Americans in Houston.
- 1930's-early 1980's
- Perry family (Family)
Examination and use of phonograph records requires the permission of an Archivist.
Permission to publish or reproduce materials from the Helen G. Perry Family Collection must be obtained from the African American Library at the Gregory School or the appropriate copyright holder.
1.2 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
Arranged in three series by material type.
- Written Records
- Phonographic Records
These records were formerly housed at the Houston Metropolitan Research Center, Houston Public Library as MSS 276 Helen G. Perry Family Collection and were transferred to the African American Library at the Gregory School, Houston Public Library in April 2019.
Donated by Mrs. Helen G. Perry in 1985.
Processed by Howard Beeth, 1985.
- African American families -- Texas -- Houston Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- African Americans -- Texas -- Houston Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Houston (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Music -- Texas -- Houston Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Perry family
- Perry, Helen G.
- Sound Recordings -- Texas -- Houston Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- MSS 0145 Helen G. Perry Family Collection
- An inventory of records at the African American Library at the Gregory School, Houston Public Library
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the African American History Research Center Repository