Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
The Baltrip Family Collection contains 25 photographs of the Baltrip family of Huntville, Texas and a funeral program. The photographs are undated. The collection is not comprehensive but provides a visual of the members of the Baltrip family.
The Burns Family Collection contains personal papers of the Burns family of Houston, Texas. This collection, which dates from 1955 to 2009, consists of funeral programs, school programs, and ephemera of individuals and places that had special meaning to the family.
The Catchings Family Collection houses a self-published manuscript of family history and biographies of the Catching Family of Houston, Texas. The manuscript, compiled by family historian Harold Clayton Catchings, traces the family history from the days of slavery to 2009. Also includes a computer disk with additional family history through 2014.
The collection houses the personal papers of C.F. Smith and Eve Hortense Smith. This collection, which dates from 1922 to 2008, consists of printed materials, photos, news clippings, personal ephemera, and awards related to their life. These materials provide a glimpse into their early lives together and Smith family history.
The Dirden Family Collection, is composed primarily of materials collected by Deborah and Willie Dirden that document the theatrical activities on Broadway, off-Broadway, regional theater and filmography of Brandon Dirden, Jason Dirden, and Crystal Dickinson Dirden from 1995 to present. The collection contains autographed playbills, photographs, news clippings, a magazine, autographed theater tickets, and calendars.
The Elizabeth Montgomery Photo Collection is comprised of fifteen scanned images. Each of the images scanned were assigned a unique identifier number and scanned in numerical order based on the numbers given. The scanned images are stored digitally at the Gregory School. The collection consists of images of a Douglas Elementary music class, Franklin Beauty School Graduates, and family photos.
The Elmore and Mae P. Randle Collection consists of a photograph of Randles' Unisex Salon in Fifth Ward Houston and a poem about Elmore Randle.
This collection consists of 229 black and white photographs and biographical materials. Photographs depict the Taylor family and home life in Houston, Boley, Oklahoma and Hot Springs, Arkansas from 1914 to 1997. This collection provides a glimpse into black family life and during the early 20th century. Most images are related to James and Josie’s life in Houston, but several are of Hilliard’s success after migration.
Materials in the Lorenzo Williams Photograph Collection are largely photographic in nature, but does contain some correspondence and news clippings. This collection consists of 49 photographs, one is a tin type, presumably of relatives of Lorenzo Williams during the early to mid-twentieth century. Photographs are mostly of individuals that depict military service, graduation and the daily life during the twentieth century.
The McCullough Family Collection is houses the papers of the McCullough Family froom 1923 to 2009. This collection consists of documents, photos, correspondence, vital records, an oral history on Independence Heights and scrapbooks that document the history of the McCullough Family in Houston.
The collection consists of photocopies of original family photos, correspondence, clippings, printed materials, an autobiography of Rupert Orlando Roett and a studio portrait of Dr. Catherine Roett dating from 1975-1988. The collection is not comprehensive but provides background on her family.
The Wells Sessums Family Collection contains materials relating specifically to Cameron Wells Jr. and Cameron Wells, Sr. participation within the Boys Scouts. This collection, dated from 1919 to 1945, contains annual charter certificates, family photographs, correspondence, and miscellaneous items and memorabilia. The collection is small and not comprehensive but provides a glimpse into what being a Boy Scout was like for African American children during the time of segregation in Texas.
- Subject: African American families—Texas X
- African American families -- Texas -- Houston 13
- African American businesspeople 4
- African American families—Texas 4
- African American women -- Texas -- Houston 4
- African Americans -- Texas -- Houston 4
- African American business enterprises 3
- African American women 2
- African Americans 2
- Civic leaders -- Houston (Tex.) 2
- photographs 2
- African American beauty operators -- United States 1
- African American children 1
- African American educators 1
- African American entertainers 1
- African American lawyers 1
- African American men -- Texas -- Houston 1
- African American theater 1
- African American women -- History -- 20th century 1
- African Americans -- Medical care -- Texas -- Houston 1
- African Americans -- Texas -- Biography 1 + ∧ less
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. Alpha Kappa Omega Chapter (Houston, T.X.) 1
- Baltrip Family 1
- Countee, Samuel, 1909- 1
- Dirden, Brandon 1
- Dirden, Jason 1
- Hainsworth Young, Hazel, 1905-2009 1
- Hainsworth, Robert W., 1909-1981 1
- McCullough Family 1
- McCullough, Alfred, Sr. 1935-2018 1
- Perry family 1
- Perry, Helen G. 1
- Robinson, Judson Jr. 1932-1990 1
- Robinson, Judson Sr. 1904-1986 1
- Robinson, Judson, III. 1959- 1
- Robinson, Margarette Thompson 1935-2012 1
- Sneed, Martha Frances 1
- Sweatt, Heman Marion, 1912-1982 1
- Taylor, Hilliard, 1849–1913 1 + ∧ less