Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: RG 0032
Scope and Contents The Antioch Baptist Church collection documents the activities of The Antioch Baptist Church from 1925-1968. This collection contains newsletters and programs that detail church related activities and services. Significant gaps exist for newsletter with most of the newsletters from 1946-1949. Church programs cover the Annual Women’s a Day and Men’s Day events and order of service. Two photographs depict congregation members during the early twentieth century and the early church leaders.
Dates: 1925 - 2006; Majority of material found within 1934 - 1950
Identifier: MSS 0090
Content Description The Martha C. Whiting Antioch Baptist Church Collection contains materials collected by Martha as a member of the church. Materials date from 1902-2006 with most materials covering 1976-2006. Includes financial reports, meeting minutes, letters, memos, event programs, funeral programs, books, various Yates family bibles, ephemera, photographs, church history, and newsletters.
Dates: 1902-2006; Majority of material found in 1976-2006
Identifier: MSS 0134
Scope and Contents This collection, donated by Mrs. Crawford, provides researchers with a good cross-section of historical materials, including correspondence, photographs, press clippings and organizational records which will be of special value to those with an interest in black history, as well as women's history and the history of religion in Houston.
- Names: Antioch Baptist Church (Houston, Tex.) X
- African American churches -- Texas -- Houston 2
- Fourth Ward (Houston, Tex.) 2
- African American women -- Texas -- Houston 1
- African Americans -- Texas -- Houston 1
- African Americans --Religion 1
- Baker, Benjamin S. (Benjamin Stanley) 1
- Hicks, H. Beecher 1
- Johnson, Nathan 1955- 1
- Westbrook, John Hill 1947–1983 1
- Whiting, Martha Countee 1912-2012 1
- Williams, Michael Patrick 1951- 1 ∧ less