Showing Collections: 121 - 150 of 414
This collection contains photographs of journalist Felicia Jeter, negatives, an oral history transcript, scripts, newpaper clippings, posters and biographical materials.
The Morales Collection contains documents pertaining to the family businesses including the Morales Funeral Home, KLVL Radio, a notary business, and the Union Fraternal. In addition, the Morales Collection contains approximately 700 pictures that include family, business, travel, hunting and fishing, the KLVL radio station, religion, the Morales funeral home in Houston, and areas that pertain to the childhood of Mr. and Mrs. Morales.
The collection includes several leaves of correspondence relating to ante-bellum Texas and a group of nineteenth century business documents concerning various family members.
In addition, there is a more recent collection of family correspondence dealing with family history. Three folders of genealogical manuscripts relating to various Fisher-Hill family members are included, as well as a collection of miscellaneous newspaper clippings.
The Francis Page, Sr. collection contains b/w and color images from his personal collection during the 1980s. Many are of him and his guests during his fiftieth birthday celebration. A few capture his work in newspaper publishing or are of family members. Photograph identification sheets are available for images 1-94.
This collection is entirely comprised of architectural drawings. Most drawings do not identify client and/or address.
Please see the Architectural Drawings Database for information on Frank Meyer drawings at HMRC. Accessing drawings may require an appointment, please contact HMRC for details.
The Freedmen’s Town Association Collection contains documents and published materials pertaining to the efforts of the Freedmen’s Town Association in preserving the Fourth Ward from 1983 to 1986.
The George P. Brown Papers contains one box of 19th and early 20th century correspondence, clippings, and photographs.
This collection contains 72 photographs of La Porte, Texas, dating from 1890 to 1925. In addition to many images of Sylvan Beach, there are also images of businesses, churches, school, homes, hotels, depots, and trains. The materials in this collection are a mixture of orginals, reproductions, and postcards.
This is a collection of records compiled by Dr. Guadalupe Quintanilla's personal secretary. The largest component of this collection is the published articles about Dr. Quintanilla which feature several writings about her role with the Houston Police Department. In addition, the scrapbooks, carefully arranged by her secretary, offer an overview of Quintanilla's life and travels.
This collection houses the records of the Harambee Club in Houston, Texas from 1987 to 2012. It consits of correspondence, meeting minute, financial and legal documetns, literatery material, photographs, printed materials including flyers and programs and multiple scrapbooks wich detail the history and functions of the Harambee Club and its members.
The collection consists of files created by The Metropolitan Organization. The files are arranged topically by series. The physical organization has for the most part been kept.
- Houston Metropolitan Research Center 268
- Gregory School 146
- photographs 77
- Mexican Americans -- Texas -- Houston 37
- African American women -- Texas -- Houston 27
- African Americans -- Texas -- Houston 26
- Architecture -- Texas -- Houston 20
- African American women 17
- African American men -- Texas -- Houston 14
- Photographers -- Texas -- 20th century 14
- African American educators 13
- African American families -- Texas -- Houston 13
- Businessmen -- Texas -- Houston 13
- Education -- Texas -- Houston 13
- Houston (Tex.) 13
- Municipal government 13
- African American women -- History -- 20th century 12
- League of United Latin American Citizens 12
- African American business enterprises 11
- African American businesspeople 11
- African Americans—Texas—Houston 11
- Fourth Ward (Houston, Tex.) 11 ∧ less
- English 413
- Spanish; Castilian 16
- Undetermined 1
- Houston Metropolitan Research Center 8
- Boy Scouts of America 4
- Houston Independent School District (Tex.) 4
- Houston Public Library 4
- League of United Latin American Citizens 4
- Antioch Baptist Church (Houston, Tex.) 3
- Boy Scouts of America. Sam Houston Area Council 3
- Hobby, Oveta Culp, 1905-1995 3
- Hobby, William Pettus, 1878-1964 3
- Jordan, Barbara, 1936-1996 3
- Litterst Commercial Photo Company 3
- Unknown 3
- Brown, Lee, 1937- 2
- Citizens Environmental Coalition 2
- Dixon Commercial Photo Company 2
- Dixon, Robert D. 2
- Dupree, Anna Johnson, 1891-1977 2
- Gray's Studio (Houston, Tex.) (1897-1949) 2
- Hainsworth Young, Hazel, 1905-2009 2
- Houston Chronicle (Houston, Tex.) (1901-) 2 ∧ less